Gluten, egg and nut free Dairy free option
- 2 salmon fillets, cubed or you can use white fish if you prefer (Cook an extra salmon fillet
- so you have leftovers for the cold rolls for lunch)
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 T dill, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 apricots, chopped (if apricots aren't in season you can use dried apricots or another fruit
- such as pear or grapes)
- 1/2 t cumin
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup thick natural yoghurt
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 T dill
- Cos lettuce to serve
- Marinade the fish in the dill and lemon for 5-10 minutes. Then pan fry the fish in coconut oil for a couple of minutes until cooked.
- Mix together all salsa ingredients in one bowl and yoghurt ingredients in another.
- Assemble ‘tacos’ in cos lettuce leaves, salmon, salsa, top with yoghurt wrap and enjoy.
Options: Dairy free – Use coconut yoghurt or leave out the yoghurt altogether. Fussy tip: Serve the fish with vegetables your child likes in real taco shells. Encourage them to try a little bit of the salsa and yoghurt on top.