Pork Fillet with Mushroom Sauce
Gluten, egg and nut free Dairy free option
- 2 x pork fillets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g mushrooms, slices
- 200g sour cream
- Parsley and salt to taste
- 6 potatoes
- butter and salt for mashing
- Head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 11/2 cups Frozen peas
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Add to a pot of water, bring to the boil and cook until soft.
- Season the pork fillet and brown all over in a hot pan using olive oil or ghee.
- Remove pork from the pan and put into a dish into the oven at 180 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Steam broccoli for 5 minutes then add the peas and steam for a couple more minutes.
- Sauté onion and garlic for a couple of minutes in the pan you used to brown the pork before adding the mushrooms.
- Cook until soft, turn down the heat and add the sour cream and a generous pinch of salt.
- Remove pork for oven, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with butter and salt.
- Cut the pork into 2-3 cm slices and serve on top of mashed potato with mushroom and sour cream sauce and greens on the side.
Options: Dairy free – Leave out the sour cream.