Gluten and egg free
Dairy and nut free options
- 4 duck breasts
- 4 beetroot
- 1 pomegranete, halved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vineger
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 100g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 cups salad leaves
- 1 cup purple grapes
- 150g marinated feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook beetroot in boiling water for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool, then peel and cut into wedges.
- Press each pomegranate half over a juicer to extract the juice and loosen the seeds. Combine the juice with with oil, mustard, vinegar to make the dressing.
- Season duck and cook for 6-8 minutes, skinside down, until the fat has rendered and the skin is crisp. Turn and cook for 30 seconds and transfer pan to the oven and cook for a further 5 minutes for medium rare. Set aside to rest.
- Toss together salad greens, snow peas, feta and grapes in a bowl with ½ of the dressing. Pile onto plates and top with thinly sliced duck. Drizzle over the rest of the dressing and sprinkle over pomegranete seeds and walnuts.
Dairy free option - omit the feta
Nut free option - omit the walnuts
Fussy Tip - seperate the ingredients in the salad so your child is more likely to try some of the ingredients. They may find they like the duck and pomegranate but don't like the salad leaves.